Welcome To Our Practice
We would like to thank you for putting your trust in Maynor & Mitchell Eye Center and our team. Our goal is to provide you with excellent vision care.
Here is what to expect on the day of your appointment. Your initial exam will normally last approximately 2 hours. More complex exams or testing will take longer, and we ask you to plan the day of your appointment accordingly. Dilation of your pupils usually wears off within 2-3 hours and may make driving more difficult. If you have never experienced the effects of dilation, we recommend arranging for someone to drive you home from your appointment.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT:
1. Complete Patient Health History
We encourage you to complete your patient health history online by clicking the link below:
Patient Registration (https://compulinkadvantageweb.com/dev/register/accountappts/index/8086)
After you complete the first tab, you will receive an email with your registration number. If for any reason you get interrupted during the web registration process, please follow the instructions in the email to access your web registration. If you do not have an email, please make note of your registration number. Your registration number is given to you after you complete the first tab. Completing your patient registration online will expedite the check-in process.
2. Additional Registration Documents
All other patient registration documents will be electronically signed at our kiosk at check-in.
3. Additional Resources
While on our website, we encourage you to explore the site, where you will find directions to our offices, frequently asked questions, and videos on procedures we provide.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING WITH YOU TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Online registration confirmation number
- Current insurance cards and photo I.D (patient check-in kiosk requirement).
- List of all current medications and pharmacy information
- Your current glasses and/or contact lenses
- All co-pays and deductibles will be collected at check-in the day of your appointment.
- Referral – It is your responsibility to determine if one is required by your insurance and to have the referral with you at the time of your visit.
If you have any financial questions about your co-pay or deductible, please feel free to contact our Patient Accounts Department at (256) 428-3265.
Once again, thank you for entrusting your vision to Maynor & Mitchell Eye Center.